The TRS automatically generates emails to assist you in meeting deadlines and to alert you to changes that may be needed for a timesheet.
These emails come from the email@example.com. These system-generated emails are sent to your email address listed in the campus directory. If you do not receive the system-generated emails, you may want to check your spam/junk folders to ensure that they are not being delivered there.
Because there is always a possibility that a system-generated email will not be received, we recommend that you enter the applicable deadlines in your calendar.
Emails are sent to the EMPLOYEE when:
- Timesheet is due (generally sent morning of day timesheet is due, except for biweekly employees where reminder is sent day BEFORE it is due).
- Timesheet is late (sent day after timesheet is due).
- Job assignment has changed and blocked a submitted timesheet, a new timesheet must be submitted.
- Supervisor has returned timesheet for corrections (supervisor comments will be included in email).
- Supervisor has made changes to the employee's timesheet (email will include link to the Time Reporting System where employee can view reason why timesheet was modified).
- Supervisor has approved the employee's timesheet.
- Supervisor acknowledges auto-approved timesheet.
Emails are sent to the PRIMARY SUPERVISOR when:
- Employee timesheet approval deadline has been reached (sent morning of day timesheet approval is due).
- Employee has submitted their timesheet past their due date.
- Department Time Administrator has returned employee's timesheet to supervisor for corrections.
- Acknowledgement required for a timeseet that was auto-approved (Supervisor didn't approve).
- System email notifications are not automatically sent to Backup or Optional Backup Supervisors but opt-in is available.
Emails are sent to the DEPARTMENT TIME ADMINISTRATOR when:
- New employees are loaded into TRS and are available for initial supervisor (Primary and Backup) assignment.
- Updated (changed) assignments have been made in UCPath for existing employees in TRS.
- The employee has multiple appointments and a newly submitted timesheet for one of those appointments may generate a re-calculation of prior timesheet(s) submitted. This notice is sent to all DTAs (even in various departments) for the employee.
- A supervisor submits an approved timesheet after the DTA deadline date and time; this usually occurs when a supervisor approves a timesheet from a prior pay period.
- Timsheet review deadline reminder, sent day submission by DTA is due.
- Acknowledgement required for a timeseet that was auto-approved (DTA didn't submit to UCPath).