Using financial resources to support strategic goals and critical needs.
Budget Planning Cycle
The Campus Budget Cycle activities are tied to the budget processes of the UC Regents and State of California. Funding to support UC Davis’ core instructional mission is largely derived from tuition and fees paid by students, which are set by the Regents, and allocations from the state. The graphic below depicts how these three decision processes build on one another to culminate in the campus budget.
Download Graphic (png)
Download Graphic (pdf)
Planning and Decision Communication (PDFs)
- Faculty Recruitment Authorizations and Update of Multi-Year Recruitment Plan - March 8, 2019
- 2019-20 Budget Framework - March 5, 2019
Campus Information (PDFs)
- Academic Merit and Promotions Funding Process – Jun 2015
- Step Plus PPS Data Entry Guidelines – Jun 2015
- Principles for Administrative Appointments Issue Report – Jun 2015
- Principles for Administrative Appointments Executive Summary – May 2015
- Instructional Needs (IN) Funding (web link)
- What Drives the Annual Increases in the Composite Benefit Rate – Jul 2014
- Funds Eligible for Salary and Benefit Allocations from Central Campus – Jun 2014