Skip to main content
Time Reporting System resources and help
Employees entering time
- Save data entry time! Non-Exempt Employees working a fixed schedule may want to click the Add button on one of the days of the pay period and select the Repeated Hours option to enter their work time once and apply it to other working days of the pay period. This Repeated Hours option can also be used for non-work time reporting (multiple vacation days, jury duty, etc). Notice a mistake on your timesheet after you submitted it to your supervisor? No problem! Use the Recall Timesheet button to return the timesheet for editing.
- Note: Once your supervisor has taken action on your timesheet, the Recall option is no longer available.
- Note: Non-exempt employees must enter all time worked and all non-work time. Exempt enter their non-work time ONLY.
- Are you an exempt employee who answered the question "Do you have vacation, sick, jury duty and/or leave without pay to report for this pay period incorrectly?" No problem! Simply click on the Reset link, and you will get the chance to answer the question again.
- Submit the timesheet to your supervisor before the deadline.
Supervisors approving timesheets
- Return timesheets to employees for correction instead of directly making the changes on the timesheet. You should only edit the timesheet for the employee if the employee is unavailable to do so.
- Click the workflow icon on a timesheet to see routing comments.
- Submit the timesheet to the Department Time Administrator (DTA) before the deadline.
DTAs entering employee information
- For eligible employees, be sure the option for overtime pay or compensatory time off is correctly selected.
- If applicable, set up alternate work schedules (4/40, 9/80) for employees in your organization. By doing so, the timesheet will correctly calculate overtime for overtime-eligible employees.
- Make sure you have a Backup supervisor set up for each employee. The Backup Supervisor can approve employee timesheets and submit to the DTA if the Primary supervisor is unavailable. We recommend that you set up the supervisor of the Primary Supervisor as the Backup Supervisor.
- If an employee has multiple assignments, they will be required to complete a timesheet for each assignment. In some cases, assignments may have the same title code description, making it difficult for employees to identify what each timesheet is for. You help them easily identify what each assignment is for by entering a "nickname" (identifier) for each one. Under the Manage Employee tab, search for the employee, click on the Assignments button and click on the icon next to the Assignment Name in order to add a nickname to the end of the assignment.
- Make sure PPS info is correct:Submit the timesheet to the Payroll system before the deadline.