How to resolve unsubmitted timesheets
There are several reasons why there would be a past unsubmitted timesheet:
- Timesheet created in error by employee/supervisor
- Wrong time period timesheet created and saved
- Employee separated and left a past created/saved timesheet in TRS
- DTA ends a job in UCPath and this is not removed in TRS-employee creates timesheet and no action can be performed
Steps to remove past unsubmitted timesheets
Example: When an employee Saves/Submits a timesheet in error or when a supervisor returns a timesheet due to an incorrect timesheet submitted. Both want this timesheet removed from TRS.
These timesheets cannot be deleted. TRS does not understand "DELETE".
Steps to complete:
- The employee must zero out the hours and add a comment in the comment field.
- Comments can be something like this “Created timesheet in error”.
- The supervisor must approve the timesheet with comments in the comment field.
- Comments can be something like this “Approving timesheet created in error and need to process to have timesheet removed from supervisor queue”.
- The employee/supervisor/DTA must contact the TRS Help Desk asking to have this timesheet moved to completed status in TRS. The employee/supervisor/DTA should include the following:
- Employee name and ID number
- Pay period of past unsubmitted timesheet
- Reason this needs to be done
The TRS help desk will then move the timesheet to “COMPLETED” status with comments added to the timesheet.