The Entertainment Expense Payment Reason Code on the KFS Disbursement Voucher is used to pay a vendor that does not accept payment by credit card.
Supporting documentation to be electronically attached to the DV document should include the below information, listing all event dates/meals separately with the corresponding attendee list clearly identified to ensure that the per person rates are calculated correctly.
Number of participants
The number of participants will be the number of people invited to the event or the estimated number of guests used to place catering orders. This will ensure that per person limit is not exceeded due to no shows.
List of Attendees
- Provide first and last name
- Title: Examples include student, professor, president, donor, or candidate.
- UC Davis Affiliation: Will always be either a business guest, employee, or spouse.
- A flyer or invitation is acceptable in place of a list of attendees for "open invite" events.
- Never include personal identifying information such as social security numbers, addresses or phone numbers.
Describe how this event was official university business and why meals/refreshments were served. Define any acronyms used.
- The Official Host is the university representative at an official business meeting, entertainment event, or other activity and must be included on the List of Attendees.
- The individual arranging an event (e.g., making hotel arrangements, ordering food, etc.) is not the host unless he or she is physically present at the event and acting in a capacity as the official host.
- Host signature is only required for morale building, when an employee spouse is in attendance, recruitment or social events and can be captured electronically through ad hoc routing or on paper form attached electronically attached to the DV.
Additional Supporting Documentation
An agenda or program brochure/flyer will need to be included with supporting documentation. It is acceptable to include emails or similar invitation from the department to attendees describing the event, when an agenda, program brochure or flyer is not reasonably obtainable.