UC Business and Finance Bulletin 49 (Policy IX.15) requires that each campus provide training to new cashiers, and to all cashiers on an annual basis.
Here at UC Davis, we have an online training module that satisfies that requirement. This online module provides an overview of the policies and procedures for handling cash on campus at UC Davis Health System.
The training module is available through the campus Learning Management System (LMS) and takes approximately 30 minutes to complete. Questions are asked throughout the training, to test your knowledge and enhance the learning experience. A current web browser is all you should need to view the training. Audio is included in the training, so speakers or headphones are recommended - through the training can be completed without the audio portion.
Topics covered in the training include:
- Cash and cash equivalents
- Transaction handling
- Guarding against fraud
- Dual custody and separation of duties
- Departmental responsibilities
All UC Davis employees who handle cash for their department should take this training annually.
The online training is offered through the campus Learning Management System (LMS). In order to complete the course, you will need to log into lms.ucdavis.edu using your campus login ID.
Note: If you don't have a login ID, visit the Computing Account Services page and select the option for getting a UC Davis computing account. This page also includes a link for testing/resetting your password if you have forgotten it.
- Once logged in, you will find the course in one of these ways:
- If your supervisor has assigned it to you in the LMS, you will see eCourse: Cashier Training in your assigned training list; click on the title to get to the Activity Details page
- Use the Catalog Search on the left to search for "cashier"; look for eCourse: Cashier Training in the result
- Click the Start button next to the course title to launch
- You will get a page that says "Online activity in progress." Please do not close this page. You will be redirected to the progress details page when finished"
- A new window will then open with the training module running *
Note: You need to turn off any pop-up blocker software running on your computer. If you do not get past the "Online Activity" page, then your computer is running pop-up blocker software that is blocking the window with the training module.
Please contact Staff Development and Professional Services at (530) 752-1766 or email@example.com if you need assistance with the LMS.
Assigning the Training
Managers and supervisors can assign the training module to their staff. This is recommended if you have a large number of staff who handle cash in your department. Please contact Staff Development and Professional Services at (530) 752-1766 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on assigning training courses.