Bulk Copy allows you to assign a group of sub-accounts and/or sub-objects at one time.
When setting up a new account or modifying an existing account, you may want to assign that account to a group of existing sub-accounts or sub-objects already assigned to other active accounts in your department. To assign that account to each sub-account and sub-object one at a time would be a time-intensive and tedious process so the Bulk Copy functionality is most useful.
- On the Bulk Copy Operations tab (towards the bottom of the Account document), click on the Show button.
- Enter the account (Source Chart and Source Account Number) for which you wish to copy (assign) sub-accounts and sub-objects.
- Check the box(es) for Copy Sub-Accounts and/or Copy Sub-Objects as appropriate.
- The number of sub-accounts and sub-objects to be copied will display after the document is submitted.
- You can use the bulk copy functionality when creating a new account or when editing an existing account.
- Only active sub-accounts and active current fiscal year sub-objects will be copied.
- Existing sub-accounts and sub-objects already assigned to the account will not be overridden.
- Once your document has received the necessary approvals, the copied sub-accounts and/or sub-objects will be assigned to and available for use on your account. No waiting overnight for the sub-accounts and sub-objects to be available for use!
- The source chart and account are only used as a template for copying purposes. The sub-accounts and/or sub-objects assigned to the source chart and account are not affected in any way.