The university is required to follow strict Internal Revenue Service regulations regarding the taxation and reporting of payments made to non-United States citizens.
In order to comply with the U.S. tax laws, the university must determine the tax residency status of nonresident aliens. The university uses Glacier Online Tax Compliance System to determine the U.S. residency status for tax purposes based on the information provided by the nonresident alien. All nonresident aliens employed by the university are required to use Glacier.
If you wish to update California withholding, please complete the California withholding certificate, DE-4, and submit a case to UCPath (via case management) with the completed form attached.
Starting August 15, 2023, the Glacier system will now requires a two-factor authentication (2FA). This new feature will provide an extra layer of security. Once Glacier users login with their user name and password, they will receive a separate email message from firstname.lastname@example.org. User will gain access to their Glacier individual record after they click on the link in the email message.
- Glacier Online Tax Compliance System
- Glacier Tax Prep
- Forms for Nonresident Aliens
- Postdoctoral Scholar Benefits (PDF)
- Tax Information for Foreign Vendors (PDF)
- UC Policy Manuals for Nonresident Aliens
- UCD Policy & Procedure Manual
- Recruitment and Appointment of Nonresident (PDF)
- Taxation Information for International Students & Scholars
- Non-resident NRA Income Tax Information for UC Employees (PDF)