This handbook outlines responsibilities, principles, and risks faced on a daily basis by individuals tasked with administering academic and non-academic functions of UC Davis.
UC Davis has various sources of policy and procedure, including the UC Davis Policy and Procedure Manual (PPM), State and Federal regulations, and University of California Office of the President (UCOP) policies and procedures. This handbook is not intended to replace current policy, but is a supplement for administrators to use as a reference guide.
Administrative Officials hold the following positions or are serving in an “acting” capacity. This handbook is intended for daily use by individuals in these positions:
- Vice Provosts
- Deans, Associate Deans, Assistant Deans
- Vice Chancellors, Associate Vice Chancellors, Assistant Vice Chancellors
- Department Chairs
- Directors, Associate Directors, Assistant Directors
- Unit Heads
- Principal Investigators
- Chief Administrative Officers
- Management Services Officers
- Academic Administrative Officers
- Department Business Officers