Learn the basics of internal controls at UC Davis
About the Course
To meet its bold aspirations UC Davis and its students, faculty, and staff, need to make sure resources are protected and used wisely. Effective internal controls help us do both. You will be in a better position to help our university thrive after you learn about UC Davis' internal controls and the nationally recognized framework upon which they are based.
This course, aimed at any UC Davis employee managing university resources, teaches you what internal controls are and how UC Davis uses them. It highlights how internal controls should be used within each UC Davis department and unit.
After completing this course you should be able to:
- List the five components of Internal Control
- Describe the role university leaders play in developing an effective control environment at UC Davis
- Describe how to develop a risk management plan for your unit or department
- Explain how Preventive, Detective, and Corrective Control activities work together
- Describe how Monitoring activities help verify that Control Activities developed by an organization are working as intended
- Describe the ledger review process and how it is used
- Describe how the five components of internal control align with fraud risk management principles
- List UC Davis resources available to help you with questions about internal controls, fraud, and audits.
Format: Online (eLearning)
Approximate Duration: 45 minutes
You will be redirected to the UC Learning Center.