Each KFS Financial Transaction (FT) document has a template for importing data.
For most documents, you will need to do a separate import for each section of the document (From and To sections).
- Select the appropriate import template below.
- Review the instructions on the spreadsheet template, and make sure that you enter ALL required data.
- Delete ALL rows with instructional text. Your spreadsheet should contain ONLY data.
- Save the file as a Comma Separated Value (CSV) format. Do NOT enter commas or otherwise modify the data when you save the file in the CSV format.
- Click the Import Lines button on your document.
- Click Browse to locate the file and click Add to import the file.
NOTE: Refer to the online training module, Performing Budget Adjustments, class code Kualification_07 in the UC Learning Center for more information on using the import templates. Slide #10, Accounting Lines Tab, of the training discusses the import template feature.
Specific Document Templates
- Advance Deposit (AD)
- Auxiliary Voucher (AV)
- Budget Adjustment (BA)
- Cash Receipt (CR)
- Credit Card Receipt (CCR)
- Distribution of Income and Expense (DI)
- Internal Billing (IB)
- Journal Voucher (JV)
- Pre-Encumbrance (PE) (Disencumbrance Section)
- Pre-Encumbrance (PE) (Encumbrance Section)
- Service Billing (SB)
- Year End Budget Adjustment (YEBA)
- Year End Distribution of Income and Expense (YEDI)
- Year End General Error Correction (YEGE)
Please note that the General Error Correction document does NOT have the Import Lines functionality from a spreadsheet, since the import of data occurs directly on the document.
ADVISORY: If working with codes that start with a 0 (zero), please enter an apostrophe before the code, or the leading zeros will be "dropped" when the data is imported into the document.