KFS Use Tax Accrual Correction Form
By using this form, you are certifying that a Use tax was incorrectly accrued by the Kuali Financial System (KFS).> Adjustments are only made for amounts exceeding $.99
> Due to regulatory requirements adjustments can only be claimed within 3 years of the original purchase.
Examples of when this form should to be used:
- General correction of Use tax accruals
- Purchasing Card transaction Use tax discrepancy on the Procurement Card document (failure to enter the sales tax on the PCDO, or wrong rate charged on the PCDO)
- Tax issue caused by an incorrectly entered Purchase Order (PO) or Payment Request (PREQ) (Use tax indicator inadvertently selected)
- Partial-tax exempt situations, such as purchases for agricultural items with proper Ag tax exemptions
- Requesting Resear ch & Development (R&D) Equipment Tax Reduction
This form is not to be used to correct Sales tax issues. If the vendor incorrectly charged Sales tax, you must contact the vendor for resolution.