KFS Use Tax Accrual Correction Form
By using this form, you are certifying that a Use Tax was incorrectly accrued by the Kuali Financial System (KFS). If a supplier overcharges sales tax the refund of the overcharged tax must come from the supplier.
> Adjustments are only made for amounts exceeding $.99
> Due to regulatory requirements adjustments can only be claimed within 3 years of the original purchase.
Examples of when this form should to be used:
- General correction of Use Tax accruals
- Purchasing Card transaction Use Tax discrepancy on the Procurement Card document (failure to enter the sales tax on the PCDO)
- Tax issue caused by an incorrectly entered Purchase Order (PO) or Payment Request (PREQ) (Use Tax indicator inadvertently selected)
- Partial-tax exempt situations, such as purchases for agricultural items with proper Ag tax exemptions
- Requesting Research & Development (R&D) Equipment Use Tax Correction
This form is not to be used to correct Sales Tax issues. If the vendor incorrectly charged Sales tax, you must contact the vendor for resolution. Proper payment of sales tax to suppliers begins with the initiator of the Purchase Order entering accurate information on the REQS document, and Accounts Payable Invoicing, part of Supply Chain Management - Business and Financial Services, in processing the invoice. Accounts Payable Invoicing can be contacted for guidance on the best way to correct supplier charged sales tax by emailing APHelp@ucdavis.edu.