How to search for documents.
The Document Lookup screen initially defaults to a basic search. You may switch between the basic search and detailed search by clicking the Basic Search or Detailed Search buttons.
- The basic search is the best option if you are searching by document number.
- The basic search is also good if you want to search for the data you entered in the Org. Doc. # field (equivalent to the Tracking Number field in DaFIS). In order to search by the Org. Doc. # field, you will need to enter a document type first, and then the lookup screen will display additional search options, including the Organization Document Number.
- Note: The Org. Doc. # field allows up to 10 characters. The Org. Doc. # is not case-sensitive in searches.
- The basic search can also be used to search for documents created against a specific account. If you enter a document type, such as ACCT (Account) or ADEL (Account Delegate), an Account Number field will appear.
- The detailed search screen gives you more options for search criteria. The detailed search is the best option when you don’t know the document number, or you want to search for a group of documents.
- The detailed search is a good option if you want to search for information you entered in the Description field on a document.
- The detailed search is also good if you want to search on a specific routing status of a document, you want to see a document approved by a specific user, or you want to search for a document in the Action List of a specific user:
- Approver: If you want to search for documents already approved by a specific user, enter their user ID in this field.
- Viewer: Allows you to see documents that routed to a specific user’s Action List, enter their user ID in this field.
- Group Viewer: Allows you to see documents that routed to the Action List of a specific group (click on the lookup icon to search for the group).
Save and Retrieve Your Search
- At the bottom of the Document Search screen is a Name This Search (Optional) field. If you enter a name for your search before you run it, you can later refer back to that named search and run it again! In the upper right corner of the Document Search screen is a Searches drop-down menu which will include any of your saved named searches as well as the search criteria for the last 10 non-named searches you completed.