- Before you start
Employee Summary Documents (IDOCs) can be printed at any time for any reason as long as you have access to the employee record in PPS.
Before you start
- Make sure the preparer has access to the employee record in PPS.
- Print IDOCs as needed for employee record changes, but only as needed since some of the information in the IDOC may be confidential.
- Route IDOCs as applicable for the update in the employee record.
Step 1. Login to Online PPS Application
- In your browser, visit https://pps.ucop.edu/pp3 to access the production database where the employee records are maintained.
- Enter your PPS userID, then tab, and enter your PPS password and hit the Logon button.
Note: Your PPS password may NOT contain any symbols to be used in this application.
- Single click on IDOC in EDB Update Inquiry section of menu.
Step 2. Select Employee Record for IDOC
- Enter the employee's last name in the Name field, or enter employee's ID number in the Employee ID field.
- Press the Select button on the lower portion of the screen.
- If a list is shown, click on the employee's name in the list; or move to next step if the employee information is returned.
- The employee information is now returned to the screen; if the wrong employee information was returned, you can re-select by clicking on the Select New Employee button on the lower portion of the screen.
- You can now move through all the tabs using the Next button at the bottom of the screen, or select specific tabs from the menu at the left.
Step 3. Select IDOC Type and Print IDOC
- An IDOC Menu will provide initial choices for type of IDOC.
- If you see the specific reason you are printing the IDOC, select and continue with e below.
- If you made changes to the employee record that do not fit the options on the main IDOC menu, select Change in Status for more options.
- To return to previous menu option, use the Other IDOCs selection.
- After selecting the type of IDOC, scroll down screen to see a preview of the IDOC, and use the Print IDOC button to print. It will be sent directly to your default printer for the PC you are using, this is not necessarily the printer selected for PPS printing. Document should print immediately, no delay.
- Print another IDOC for a new employee by using the Select a New Employee button toward the top of the screen and providing employee data. Or, return to the main menu using the Main Menu link at the top of the screen.
- Route documents as needed for type of action updated in employee record.