How to add an alternate department
Reasons to add an alternate department:
- Another department is adding an appointment to one of your employees;
- Another department needs to access information on one of your employees;
- An employee is transferring to another department.
Steps to complete in web-based PPS
- In web-based PPS, select Change Existing Employee Record from the Main Menu.
- Add the employee number in the Employee ID field (or last name, comma, first name in the Name field), press Select button.
- From the left side Entry Screen Menu, select screen 5 Employment Information.
- Add the six-digit department code in the Alternate Department Code field.
- Go to screen 11 Summary, then screen 12 Review Messages and Update, make sure to submit all the way through to receive completed message.
Steps to complete in CICS PPS
- From main menu in PPS, enter EPER in the Next Func field and the employee number in the ID field (or last name, comma, first name in the Name field).
- Tab to the Alternate Department Code field, enter the six digit code of the department requesting to be added (press F1 for a list of codes).
- Press Enter to confirm the information.
- Press F5 to update the alternate department. If successful, the message U0007 Update process complete will display.