The Academic Personnel Section of the EDB Entry/Update User Guide provides information on policies and procedures to be considered when processing personnel actions in EDB Entry/Update for employees who hold an academic appointment.
The section is organized by the type of transaction being processed, e.g., new hire, rehire, leave of absence, separation, etc. Because the bundles in EDB Entry/Update are also organized by types of transactions, this section mimics the bundle by presenting and discussing screens in the same order the screens are displayed in the bundle.
When bundles are being used for an action, we offer one important hint: Press the Enter key after all the data has been entered on a screen before you advance to the next screen. "Enter" invokes range and value editing on the entered data and in many cases results in the display of code translations (such as the title name). Review of the edit messages and translations of codes gives the preparer an opportunity to make corrections to inaccurate data before moving to the next screen in the bundle.
The advantages of using bundles:
- Function codes are assigned to each bundle for the preparer to select by the type of personnel transaction.
- Guides the preparer through the screens containing fields that may need to be changed because of the primary action.
- Reduces the number of PAN notifications.
The following information is provided in this section for each type of transaction:
- Procedures that should be followed before data is entered into the system.
- Policy and procedure references governing the data that is entered on the screens and fields.
- Forms that must be completed and sent to appropriate central offices.
This section also contains charts that may be used for reference when applying University policy to a particular personnel action. Preparers and reviewers should also have information regarding academic personnel policy manuals and collective bargaining agreements readily available for reference. Electronic versions of these materials are available on the Academic Affairs webpage.
Questions regarding application of the University's academic personnel policies and collective bargaining agreements related to entry of data into the EDB should be directed to the analyst in your Dean’s office. Refer to the Academic Affairs website for complete policy information and the delegation of authority for academic actions.