Only the designated users may update PPS and OPTRS structures.
Several divisions and units have implemented clusters with service centers coordinating administrative work for multiple departments. This instructional guide is primarily for those service centers that maintain the structures for several departments, but is not restricted and can be used by anyone with more than one department structure to update.
Before you begin:
- Confirm user has PPS and/or OPTRS edit access in DRS System.
- Review structures prior to selecting for update, know which will be included in bulk change.
- Verify structures for update have status of "New" or "Rejected/Returned".
Step 1. Access DRS System and select Search Dept Roles Structure
- Access the DRS System by entering your campus login ID and passphrase (or password) as instructed at the Central Authentication Service (CAS) screen.
- At the FIS Web Applications menu select PPS/OPTRS Departmental Roles Structure.
- At the DRS menu select Search Dept Roles Structure.
Step 2. Select Remove Role
- Use the drop down menu to select Remove Role. Remove Role can only be used when structures are in New or Rejected/Returned status. Structures not in this status will appear on the list of results but won't have box to select for update.
- Enter the PPS user ID of the user you want to remove from the structures.
- After making query selections, press Process Search button at bottom of screen to run the search and see results. If using any of search criteria in upper section of search screen, you may get fewer, or more, results than expected. If results are too limited then return to the search screen and reduce or change the criteria. If results are too broad, return to search screen and add or change the criteria.
Step 3. Select Department Structures to Update
- From the results list, use the check box for a department to select it for update, a second click on the box unchecks it. You can also use the ALL button in the column header to select all departments with a check box.
- Once you've checked all applicable departments for the update, use the button a the top of the page Perform Bulk Update Action on select Dept Roles Structure(s). This will provide a list of only those you've selected.
Step 4. Process Bulk Update
- Departments you selected will display along with the update action you are performing.
- The Roles ID for each department is a hyperlink to the department structure, click it to open a new window with that structure displayed in View mode.
- Use the button Bulk Update All to perform the update action. In this example the update will remove the user, Christine Marken, from all roles for the departments listed. You can make further changes on each structure and/or submit for PPS Officer Review.
- After action is completed a message will confirm the structures updated, and those with errors, if any.
- Using the navigation link in the upper right corner, return to the Search screen or another option from the menu. You can also exit the system using the Logout link in the upper left area of the screen.
Note: Remember, you have not completed the update process, only removed a user. You may still need to complete other actions on the structures, or route to PPS Officer for review and approval.