In the DRS System, only the designated users may update PPS and OPTRS structures.
Several divisions and units have implemented clusters with service centers coordinating administrative work for multiple departments. This instructional guide is primarily for those service centers that maintain the structures for several departments, but is not restricted and can be used by anyone with more than one department structure to update.
Before you begin:
- Confirm user has PPS and/or OPTRS edit access in DRS System.
- Review structures prior to selecting for update, know which will be included in bulk change.
Step 1. Access DRS System and select Search Dept Roles Structure
- Access the DRS System by entering your campus login ID and passphrase (or password) as instructed at the Central Authentication Service (CAS) screen.
- At the FIS Web Applications menu select PPS/OPTRS Departmental Roles Structure.
- At the DRS menu select Search Dept Roles Structure.
Step 2. Complete Query Fields for Search
- Enter as many or as few of the following sections as you choose:
- Roles Structure ID - enter PPS or OPTRS, or leave blank for all
- Status - select one or more for current status of structures, or leave blank for all
- Home Dept Code - leave blank to return multiple departments in search
- Dept Name - enter key word to search for all depts with that word in the name
- User's Employee ID - provide exact employee ID to find all structures where that employee is in a role on the structure
- User's Name - enter last name of employee, same results as for entering employee ID
- User's Role - use in conjunction with employee ID or name field to find structures where a specific user is in a specific role on the structures
- Use the drop down menu to select Create New Version or Submit for Officer Approval
- Create New Version can only be used with structures that are in Completed or Returned/Rejected status. This will allow you to make changes to structures and submit individually or in bulk (as described next).
- Submit for Officer Approval is only used with structures that have already been fully updated and are ready to be submitted for review and approval by PPS Officer. This feature allows you to submit all selected structures at once rather than individually.
- After making query selections, press Process Search button at bottom of screen to run the search and see results. If results are too limited then return to the search screen and reduce or change the criteria. If results are too broad, return to search screen and add or change the criteria.
Step 3. Select Department Structures to Update
- After adding criteria and running search, you will get results.
- From the results, use the check box for a department to select it for update, a second click on the box unchecks it. You can also use the ALL button in the column header to select all departments with a check box.
- Once you've checked all applicable departments for the update, use the button a the top of the page Perform Bulk Update Action on select Dept Roles Structure(s). This will provide a list of only those you've selected.
Step 4. Process Bulk Update
- Departments you selected will display along with the update action you are performing.
- The Roles ID for each department is a hyperlink to the department structure, click it to open a new window with that structure displayed in View mode.
- Use the button Bulk Update All to perform the update action. In this example the update will create a New Version for the departments listed. This will then allow you to make changes on each structure to submit for PPS Officer Review.
- After action is completed a message will confirm the structures updated, and those with errors, if any.
- Using the navigation link in the upper right corner, return to the Search screen or another option from the menu. You can also exit the system using the Logout link in the upper left area of the screen.