The Ledger Review system includes payroll transactions.
Because payroll transactions are part of PPS, it will be even more critical to ensure that there is a proper separation of duties between the roles in PPS and the fiscal officers. The fiscal officers will be the staff responsible for completing and acknowledging the payroll ledger review in the Analytical Ledger Review (ALR).
- KFS Fiscal Officer should NOT be a PPS/OPTRS Primary Preparer on a structure with any of their assigned accounts
- KFS Fiscal Officer should NOT be a PPS/OPTRS Mandatory Reviewer on a structure with any of their assigned accounts
Note: If a Fiscal Officer is in one of these roles, there would be a conflict with the Fiscal Officer reviewing the ALR.
In order to ensure that your Fiscal Officers are not in one of these PPS/OPTRS roles, please complete the following steps:
- Run a DRS Dept Roles Structure search. Enter your Home Department Code, and select Primary Preparer and Mandatory Reviewer as a search criteria to view the users assigned to your organization.
- Make a note of any users assigned in the Primary Preparer and Mandatory Reviewer roles.
- In FIS Decision Support (DS), run the FIS User Responsibility (214) against each of the users in Step 2. Select the Account Manager box to see if the user is a Fiscal Officer.
- As needed, assign a different user to the PPS/OPTRS Primary Preparer or PPS/OPTRS Mandatory Reviewer roles by completing an update in DRS. Or, if the individual should remain in one of those PPS/OPTRS roles, you can complete an Account document in KFS to assign a different Fiscal Officer to the account. Also refer to the information in the “Additional Considerations” section for more options.
Additional role considerations
Fiscal Officers can be in backup roles in PPS/OPTRS. Back-up PPS/OPTRS preparers who are also fiscal officers shouldn't prepare more than 10% of departmental PPS/OPTRS transactions:
- KFS Fiscal Officer CAN be a PPS/OPTRS Backup Preparer
- KFS Fiscal Officer CAN be a PPS/OPTRS Backup Reviewer
Account Delegates can be in Primary roles in PPS/OPTRS:
- KFS Account Delegate CAN be a PPS/OPTRS Primary Preparer
- KFS Account Delegate CAN be a PPS/OPTRS Mandatory Reviewer
FIS DS Reports to assist departments in ensuring proper separation of duties
Two FIS DS reports can assist departments in monitoring the list of employees who are listed as Fiscal Officers and as PPS/OPTRS Primary Preparers and PPS/OPTRS Mandatory Reviewers. Departments are responsible for ensuring proper separation of duties and compliance with policy.