Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Program
Enroll today for Fall 2022 Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Program
6/2022 Update: Enrollment for Fall 2022 Lean Six Sigma Green Belt program is now open.
This 14-week course, taught by a Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt, provides knowledge and tools you can use to encourage a culture of service excellence, continuous improvement and empirically-based decision making as a means of improving quality, consistency, speed and financial savings for your organization. UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education will host a free information session July 13 at 10:30 am (register here); meanwhile you are encouraged to review the recording of the previous cohort's information session.
- Participants in the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training program can expect the following outcomes:
- Immediately apply the established Lean Six Sigma principles to a real-life project; project generates (or expects) hard or soft cost savings
- Receive guided mentorship from a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt and Lean Leader
- Learn to implement Lean Six Sigma directly into the workplace; address quality and waste issues such as defects, cycle time, variability, etc.
- Enhance your organization's ability to overcome challenges by applying Lean Six Sigma's proven techniques and strategies
- Receive a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Badge from UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education, recognized globally as an indicator of mastery of LSS expertise. The badge is a digital credential, authorized by Credly, host of the largest, most-connected digital network and trusted by leading global organizations.
This course also qualifies for 6 CEUs
- Course Logistics
- Kicking off Friday, September 9, 2022, the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt virtual training will run 14-weeks. Cohort size limited to 20 participants; enroll now to secure your seat.
Participants should expect a mix of synchronous and asynchronous learning using virtual modalities, for a time commitment of roughly 30 hours, to include:
- 100% virtual, online training
- Bi-weekly 1/2 day live, synchronous learning workshops (total of 18 hours over duration of program)
- 12 hours of self-study and project work completed between workshops
Virtual Live Session Schedule Friday, September 9, 2022 9:30am to 12:00pm Kick-off Friday, September 23, 2022, 9:30am to 12:00pm Friday, October 7, 2022 2022, 9:30am to 12:00pm Friday, October 21, 2022, 9:30am to 12:00pm Friday, November 4, 2022, 9:30am to 12:00pm Friday, November 18, 2022, 9:30am to 12:00pm Friday, December 9, 2022, 9:30am to 12:00pm
$2295 for UC Davis staff. To receive the $200 discount please contact UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education Student Services at (800) 752-0881.
- Who should attend?
- This course is open enrollment. There are no course prerequisites.
The course is best suited for individuals responsible for managing or participating significantly in any business process activities including managers, professionals and front-line staff. Process owners, functional owners, department/unit leaders and team members are welcome to enroll.
During the course, participants will work on and complete a real process improvement project. It is recommended that participants have 2-3 potential project ideas ready for the first day of training. For assistance on project identification, email Erica Aichwalder.
- Enroll here
At UC Davis we strive to embrace a culture of continuous improvement. One of the ways in which we support that culture is through the adoption of the Lean Six Sigma (LSS) methodology. LSS relies on a collaborative effort to improve efficiency and remove waste in our processes. To provide appropriate tools and resources and empower staff to drive toward excellence, UC Davis brought Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt to campus in January 2019. Interest spread and individuals enrolled by the dozens, some departments started training entire teams and by January 2020 more than 1,300 staff were trained Yellow Belts.
With the support of leadership and in partnership with Continuing and Professional Education, UC Davis took Lean Six Sigma education a step further and piloted a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt program in 2020. To date, three cohorts of UC Davis staff have completed the training and are recognized as Lean Six Sigma Green Belts. As an outcome of training, individuals delivered action plans to refine university business processes by eliminating hand-offs, reducing cycle time, increasing information security and decreasing unnecessary approvals; these projects have the potential to save the university hundreds of thousands of dollars.
UC Davis recognizes the significance of a program that provides staff the knowledge and tools to encourage a culture of service excellence, continuous improvement, and empirically based decision making. The Budget Framework Advisory Committee views Lean Six Sigma as a strategic initiative to assist campus in meeting goals for financial sustainability. Campus leadership champion the methodology and are committed providing additional opportunities for staff to become Lean Six Sigma Green Belts.