Aggie Enterprise is an Enterprise Resource Planning system, supported by Oracle Cloud Financials.
Aggie Enterprise is organized into four distinct modules to support our business needs: Enterprise Performance Management (EPM), Procure to Pay (PTP), Record to Report (RTR) and Project Portfolio Management (PPM)
Enterprise Performance Management (EPM)
Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) is the planning and budget module in Oracle, replacing Aggie Budget as the forecasting and planning tool.
- Workforce Planning involves labor planning at the aggregated level by job code.
- Financial Planning involves revenue planning, non-personnel expense planning, forecasting and funding requests.
Procure to Pay (PTP)
Procure to Pay (PTP) is home to procurement, payables and supply chain execution. Read more about PTP on the Supply Chain Management website.
- Procurement provides self-service requisitioning, purchase orders, purchase agreements and supplier management.
- Payables provides PO and non-PO invoice processing, disbursements and payments, and tax processing.
- Supply Chain Execution provides item, catalog and warehouse management as well as internal fulfillment.
Record to Report (RTR)
Record to Report (RTR) is the Financials hub in Oracle, including cash management, accounts receivable, the general ledger and fixed assets.
- Cash Management involves managing our banking and bank accounts, including reconciliation of bank statements.
- Accounts Receivable involves processes that support our billing and revenue collection activities such as invoice generation and receipt management.
- The General Ledger in Aggie Enterprise, built around the new Chart of Accounts, will look and feel different from the General Ledger in KFS. Instead of housing detailed information, only summarized data will be stored in the General Ledger, supporting more robust financial reporting.
- Fixed Assets provides greater transparency into university assets and increases our ability to retire assets and manage depreciation.
Project Portfolio Management (PPM)
Project Portfolio Management (PPM) is a subledger in Oracle, supporting grants and project management. PPM will be used to track more complex projects that require additional monitoring. These projects are often supported by a contract, with more granular budget and, in the case of sponsored awards, third-party invoicing. Projects that fall under PPM generally have a designated start and end date, are supported by multiple funding sources and may cross fiscal years.
UC Davis work streams
With oversight from Project Governance and input from the Advisory Group, Subject Matter Experts, and key stakeholders, the Project Team is working to configure the Aggie Enterprise system to meet UC Davis business needs.
Four work streams align with the Oracle modules identified above: Planning and Budget (EPM), Procure to Pay (PTP), Record to Report (RTR) and Project Portfolio Management (PPM). The new Chart of Accounts serves as the common language across these work streams.
Additional work streams include:
- Technology experts support integrations with Boundary Applications that will send and/or receive information from the Aggie Enterprise system.
- Data conversion efforts work to bring real-world financial and budget information from the current systems into Aggie Enterprise, translating data from the current FAU to the new Chart of Accounts.
- Risks and Controls focuses on identifying risks associated with the project, and applying internal controls to ensure compliance with sound business practices.
- The Change Management, Communications and Training (CCT) Team provides the tools to help individuals successfully navigate the change and adopt the new system.
To support these work streams, the PMO has appointed UC Davis staff to the Aggie Enterprise project team to lead each of these critical efforts.